About Alumni Association
GIM Alumni Association fosters mutually beneficial lifelong relationships by enhancing networking of alumni and future alumni, who number more than 3,000. In collaboration with an dedicated executive committee and GIM Alumni relations team; the Alumni Association works towards developing a strong alumni network. We are registered as society in the name of GOA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (GIMAA). Our registration number is Reg. No 703/Goa/2013
Role of the association
The Aims and Objects of the Association are as under:
- To promote and foster mutually beneficial interaction between the Alumni, the Goa Institute of Management, and the present students of the Goa Institute of Management and between the Alumni themselves.
- To encourage the Alumni to take on active and abiding interest in the work and progress of the Institute so as to contribute towards enhancement of the social utility of their Alma Mater
- To organize and establish scholarship funds to help the needy and deserving students.
- To institute prizes and awards for outstanding project works, research papers or other professional activity by the student of the institute; also to suitably recognize outstanding social and community service by the alumni and the students.
- To institute entrepreneur development/seed capital funds to promote entrepreneurship singly or in groups among students of GIM
- To undertake to organize activities of a civic or charitable nature.
- To acquire, purchase or otherwise own or take on lease or hire in the State of Goa or elsewhere in India temporarily or permanently or any movable or immovable property necessary or convenient for the furtherance of the objects of the association.
- To invest and deal with the funds and moneys of the Association
- To do all such other lawful things as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of the above objective and/or beneficial to the interest of the Institute and its alumni
- All the incomes, earnings, movable or immovable properties of the Society shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the Memorandum of Association and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profit or in any manner whatsoever, to the present or past members of the Society or to any person claiming through any one or more of the present or the past members. No member of the Society shall have any personal claim on any movable or immovable properties of the Society or make any profit, whatsoever, by virtue of his membership.
How to become a member:
a) Any student who successfully obtains a Diploma from Goa Institute of Management including the student who has completed three year part time program automatically becomes a member of the Association from the date of issue of the result notification granting the said diploma and/or certificate of completion of three year Goa Institute of Management part time program on payment of the appropriate entrance fees(currently INR 2,000).
However, the Association can/may, in consultation with the Institute prescribe an annual membership fee in respect of all the members. The mode of collection of the annual membership fees when introduced would be decided by mutual discussions between the Institute and the Association from time to time.
All members and honorary members are entitled to receive all announcements etc. Connected with the activities of the Association, the Alumni Newsletter, and Annual Magazine and also participate in all social functions of the Association. All members will also be beneficiaries of any schemes or assistance programmes administered by the Association.